The duct system is the respiratory system for your home or workplace. When it becomes contaminated and congested, it should be cleaned so it can “breathe” normal and efficiently.
One of the most overlooked systems at home or on-the-job is the heating and cooling duct work. Out of sight, but always working for you, the home duct work usually contains as much space as an average size room. When was the last time this “room” was cleaned?
Dust, dirt, pollen, animal dander and other airborne contaminants are pulled into your duct system every time the furnace or air conditioner runs. Over time, these contaminants build up inside the ductwork creating a perfect breeding ground for germs and bacteria.
Health experts believe approximately one-in-six people who suffer from allergies do so as a direct result of fungi and bacteria in the air duct system. Family members who suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory ailments as well as children and the elderly are especially vulnerable to the effects of indoor air pollutants.
Each time the furnace or air conditioner is turned on, contaminants are spewed out and circulated throughout your home – affecting the health and comfort of your family.
If you answer “Yes” to any of these points, it may be time to have your air duct system professionally cleaned:
- Does anyone in the house or workplace have allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems?
- Does anyone in your family or place at work suffer from headaches, nasal congestion or other sinus problems at night or in the morning?
- Is there a smoker in the house or workplace?
- Do you have dogs, cats or other pets?
- Do you notice dust on your furniture shortly after cleaning?
- Does it seem like there is not enough air flow coming from your vents?
- Is your furnace equipped only with a standard, throw-away fiberglass filter?
Health considerations aside, there are other good reasons to have your air ducts cleaned. Dust and dirt in the heating/cooling system is the #1 cause of system break-down.
- Proper cleaning helps eliminate breakdowns and unscheduled service calls;
- A clean system is more efficient, proper cleaning of the air duct system can reduce heating/cooling costs by 10 – 20 per cent
The removal of contaminants from the entire HVAV system is recognized by industry experts as the most effective way to eliminate air duct pollutants. This is known as the “source removal” duct cleaning. Consider having your air ducts cleaned today. The Rhyno’s Service Team recommends cleaning every two to three years, or annually for homes with allergy patients.
The HEPA-AIRE method used at Rhyno’s assures you that your ducts are being cleaned with the most advanced source removal equipment available. This state-of-the-art system is used by leading professional duct cleaners throughout North America, and is widely recognized as the most significant break-through in duct cleaning equipment technology for the past 30 years.